Writers Workshop: Revised

Announcing changes to our format...

Monday, March 8, 2010

I'd Like to Thank the Academy


I wasn't (really) watching the Oscars last night. I was trying to make some progress on compiling my new list of agents to query.

But I did happen to catch screenwriter Geoffrey Fletcher accepting his Academy Award for the adapted screenplay of "Precious," and his words really struck me.

He said: "This is for everybody who works on a dream every day."

And I thought: Yeah, that's exactly what we're doing, as writers. We're plugging away at novels, short stories, poems, children's books, memoirs, scripts, etc., because we feel that we have something important to say, something worthwhile to share.

And we're very lucky to be able to work on a dream every day, to work toward that dream, and to get that much closer to it every day.

Now get back to it! :)

1 comment: